The LoAC Course in 2022 will be offered as
both an on-site course in Switzerland and as an online course
The 22nd ICMM Reference Course on the Law of Armed Conflict will take place from 28 August – 01 September 2022. As in the previous years, it will be organised by the Medical Services Directorate of the Swiss Armed Forces in Spiez, Switzerland.
For the first time, the LoAC course will be offered both as an on-site course in Spiez and as a separate online course as well.
Course Information and Program
- General Course Information (PDF, EN) | Informations générales sur les cours (PDF, FR)
- Course program (PDF, EN)
If you have questions, please contact
The application phase for the course is now open
Please carefully read the course information on this page before applying.
- Application form no longer available
- Deadline for applications: 31 July 2022
- Places for participants are limited in both the online and on-site courses. Apply early to reserve your place.
The course will be held in English and French language. Separate syndicates will be available in both languages and plenary lectures are translated simultaneously.
- A course fee of 1250.00 CHF will be charged.
- Accommodation in the hotel, all meals, non-alcoholic beverages for the course duration.
- Extensive course documents, cultural events and excursions with transfers are free of charge for participants and will be paid by the Swiss Confederation.
- Participants are requested to pay the course fee in CHF (cash or credit-cards) on the day of their arrival at the registration desk.
- Participants shall bear their travelling costs to and from Switzerland.
Online-particpation (English only)
- A course fee of 50 CHF is charged to participants and has to be payed via PayPal.
- The course fee includes access to the online course.
- If you are unable to pay the fee, please indicate your reasons on the registration form. We will evaluate a waiver of the course fee in individual cases.
- The online class will be limited to 15 participants in order to allow for discussions and excange among the participants. Make sure to register early.