For the sixth time, the ICMM Center of Reference for Education on IHL and Ethics together with the Medical Services Directorate of the Swiss Armed Forces and the Center for Ethics of Zurich University organise their annual joint Workshop on Military Medical Ethics.
It will take place from 19 May 2016 - 21 May 2016
at Forum Lilienberg in Ermatingen, Switzerland.
Focus of the 2016 workshop: Military Medical Ethics and Hybrid Warfare.
Workshop Topic and Program
The main topic of the 2016 workshop will be Military Medical Ethics and Hybrid Warfare.
Please dowload the Program Flyer here (PDF), it includes abstracts and bio notes from the speakers.
Date: 19.-21. May 2016
Location: Forum Lilienberg, Ermatingen (Switzerland)
MG (ret) Roger van Hoof, MD (ICMM Secretary General)
MG Andreas Stettbacher, MD (Surgeon General Swiss Armed Forces)
Prof. Dr. Peter Schaber (Chair of Applied Philosophy, UZH)
Dr. phil. Daniel Messelken
Lt Col David Winkler, MD, PhD
Organisation & Logistics
Swiss Armed Forces, Medical Services Directorate
ICMM Reference Centre for Education of IHL and Ethics
Registration is mandatory for all attendants. No participation is possible without registration.
Places at the workshop are limited, registrations will be processed in the order of their arrival.
Workshop Fee for participants: 600 CHF
The workshop fee includes
- accommodation in a single room on 19./20. and 20./21.05.2016 at Forum Lilienberg,
- all meals during the workshop,
- and the bus transfer from and to Zurich Airport.
If you arrive on the day before the workshop, the additional night 18/19.05.2016 at Forum Lilienberg can be booked for +198 CHF (includes the dinner on 18.05.2016 and breakfast).
Registration for the workshop is possible via the registration form (download here).
The ZH Center for Military Medical Ethics (CMME) is again able to offer up to 2 grants to students or early stage researchers for the participation at the ICMM Workshop on Military Medical Ethics. The grants will cover the full workshop fee and shall allow young researchers to participate in the workshop.
The grants offered by the CMME
- The grant covers the full workshop fee, including the accomodation and all meals from dinner on Thursday 18.05.2016 to lunch on Saturday 21.05.2016.
- Travel expenses have to be covered by the applicants. Only in exceptional cases, travel costs may be subsidized by the CMME.
To apply for the workshop grant
- Send a short letter of motivation why you would like to participate in the workshop together with a short CV to Daniel Messelken (
Deadline for applications: 3 April 2016