Recently, a number of articles have been published that have been authored or co-authored by members and collaborators of the ICMM Center of Reference for Education on IHL and Ethics.
- A short piece to the EuroISME-Blog entitled "Protection of Health Care During Conflict. A neglected moral imperative" was contributed by Daniel Messelken. Read the full article here.
- The 2015-01 issue of the E-Journal Ethics and Armed Forces on the topic "Saving the Enemy? Military Medical Personnel under Fire" was strongly supported by the ICMM RefC with contributions from Daniel Messelken, Cord von Einem, and Bernhard Koch who all teach in ICMM Courses.
You can download the full issue here.
The contribution by Daniel Messelken was also republished in the ICMM's International Review of the Armed Forces Medical Services, Vol. 88, Nr. 3, pp. 56-59.
Download a PDF of the IRAFMS reprint here.
- A "Perspectives" piece in the WHO-Bulletin on the topic "Counterterrorism policies and practices: health and values at stake".
Co-authored by D. Messelken. Available at http://dx.doi.org/10.2471/BLT.14.144816
Members of the ICMM Center of Reference were interviewed on two occasions.
- For a contribution in the German Deutsche Medizinische Wochenschrift Cord von Einem and Daniel Messelken were interviewed by Nina Ospelt for an article with the title "Ärzte bei der Bundeswehr: Dienst auf Station und im Feldlazarett".
- Daniel Messelken was interviewed for the "Expert Corner" in the ICRC's Health Care in Danger Programme Newsletter (LINK)